O% APR* for 24 months. No payment for 90 days!
*0% Annual Percentage Rate. Subject to credit approval. Minimum monthly payments required. On purchases of new and in-stock Bösendorfer pianos from February 1, 2019, to March 31, 2019.
Bösendorfer pianos were built for Empress Elizabeth,
Empress Eugenie of France, the Emperor of Japan and the Czars of Russia
At the age of 19, Ignaz Bösendorfer began his apprenticeship with a Viennese organ and piano builder. Fifteen years later, in 1828, he requested a business license to start his own piano manufacturing company and took over his master’s factory to begin building his own instruments.
With a gleaming endorsement from Franz Liszt, Bösendorfer became famous as a concert grand. In 1830, the Emporer of Austria named Ignaz Bösendorfer “Imperial and Royal Piano Purveyor to the Court” – the first piano maker to receive this high honor. Numerous gold medals and first prizes followed.
“The name Bösendorfer became inextricably linked
to the terms “music” and “touching sound.”
Since 1913, Bösendorfer pianos have been housed in one of the world’s most important music centers: Vienna’s Musikverein, a popular meeting place for artists from all over the world.
Ludwig Bösendorfer’s demands for uncompromising quality continue to hold today for all Bosendofer employees.
In 1966, Bosendorfer was taken over by Kimball Piano of the United States. In 2002, Kimball sold the company to BAWAG PSK Gruppe of Austria. In December 2007, it was sold to Yamaha Corporation.
In 1859, Ignaz died and his son Ludwig took over the company, his father having shared the secret of Bösendorfer pianos with him. Ludwig was a highly gifted musician with an exceptionally good ear. He improved on the design and the name Bösendorfer became inextricably linked to the terms “music” and “touching sound.” At the end of the nineteenth century Bosendorfer pianos were built for Empress Elizabeth, Empress Eugenie of France, the emperor of Japan, the czars of Russia, and many others prominent individuals.