Customer Checklist for Piano Deliveries & Setup
- Any piano delivery over one floor (second story or above, steps, stairs, or elevators) may require additional manpower to safely deliver your piano. All deliveries above one story must be noted at time of sale and may require additional charges, preparation, and resources depending upon your particular circumstances.
- Prior to delivery, customer must notify AMC of any and all steps or other obstacles that are present from the point where the truck will be parked to the point where the piano will be set up. Please be prepared to provide us with photographs if required.
- If you live in a gated community, please notify the guardhouse or provide us with the gate code prior to delivery.
Player Piano Systems
(Disklavier, PianoDisc, Q.R.S.)
- Customer must make sure that there is a standard three-pronged grounded electrical outlet at the set up location. The use of an extension cord is not recommended! If you must use an extension cord, the minimum wire size for a 25' cord (or less) is 14 AWG. NOTE: The smaller the AWG number, the larger the current handling capacity. For longer extension cords, consult a local electrician. We recommend that the customer also provides a surge suppressor to be used between the outlet and the power cord for the piano system.
- Most player piano systems (new and used) can be operated as stand-alone systems, however most of the newer systems have been designed to take advantage of expanded control options and additional features by being connected to the internet. In order to connect your player piano system to your network, please have the following information on hand for the delivery crew prior to delivery:
- Know the name of your Internet provider (Comcast, Xfinity, AT&T, Spectrum, etc.)
- Know the location of your router and notify us of the distance from the setup area.
- A wired connection between the router and the piano is the ideal and preferred choice, however most installations can be accomplished using a wireless connection if a wired connection is not possible.
- Be sure to have your network password on hand in order to link your player piano system to your network (do not share it, you will enter it yourself during the setup procedure).
- If you will be controlling your player piano system with an iPad or similar android device or tablet, be sure that you have your device available and charged. Also, be sure you know your passwords if needed in order to download the appropriate apps so we can setup your device and link it to your piano. Once connected, you will be able to easily power on and control your player system each time you use it.